Sage Metal Parts is proud to provide advanced CNC machining services. We can work with over 50 different materials, including metals, exotic and precious metals, plastic polymers, and other materials. We keep cold and hot rolled steel in stock. Our CNC machining processes include all types of turning, boring, broaching, and more. Our full variety of lathes and fixturing options enables us to meet your unique requirements. We also do in-house fixturing and tooling and have 3, 4, and 5-axis machinery. All of our equipment is of the highest quality and produces the most accurate CNC machining services. They all feature the most technologically advanced capabilities. We can work with tolerances up to ± .001 inches.
How to improve CNC machining skills?
- The speed of white steel knife should not be too fast.
- It is better to use fly cutter or alloy cutter for copper open rough, not white steel knives.
- When the workpiece is too high, it is better to use different length cutters to open rough stratifiedly.
- After opening rough with a large cutter, using a small cutter to clean up the remaining material, so as to ensure that the remaining is consistent before smoothing cutting.
- Flat bottom cutter is used in plane machining, not ball cutter is, in order to reduce processing time.
- When clearing the angle, check radius on the angle first, then determine the size of ball cutter.
- The four corners of the calibration plane should be same level.
- Where the inclination is an integer, using the inclined cutter to machine, such as pipe position.
- Before each process, think clearly about the allowance after the previous process, so as to avoid empty cutter or excessive rocessing.
- Try to follow a simple path, such as external form, chamfer, one side , less circumferential etc.